They were the favourite of many before they decided to split.
Here are 10 things you probably do not know about Psquare.
1. P-Square was a Nigerian musical made up of identical twins Peter and Paul Okoye
2. The boys attended St. Murumba secondary school, a small Catholic school in Jos, Nigeria
3. They can play a series of music instrument to include the keyboard, drums, bass and rhythm guitar
4. Psquare were part of an a cappella quartet called “MMMPP” (M Clef a.k.a. Itemoh, Michael, Melvin, Peter and Paul)
5. The boys later left the group to form theirs which was called “Double P”, “P&P”, and “Da Pees”, until they eventually settled on “P Square”
6. They applied to University of Abuja to study Business Administration in 1991
7. They signed a record deal with Akon’s Konvict Muzik label in 2011
8. In 2012, they snagged a record distribution deal with Universal Music South Africa
9.Peter and Paul are both married with kids. Paul who is married to Anita, in an interview with Punch NG said he met her in school.
We met at the University of Abuja. I was a final year student and she was a freshman. I had a crush on a certain girl who I was supposed to meet with. But, when I called her, she told me she was at a friend’s place and invited me over. When I got there, I met Anita who was also visiting and somehow, I managed to get her telephone number. Everything changed from that moment.
I travelled to Lagos that day and while I was there, I constantly pestered her with telephone calls. I paid Anita a visit when I returned to Abuja, but she did not even let me into the house. The first Valentine’s Day gift I ever got her was a movie, which starred Genevieve Nnaji, because she was and is still a big fan of hers.
Peter speaking about his wife Lolka promised to always pick her and their kids first. In his words;
“I took a vow to defend and protect you and our beautiful children on this day 5 years ago and no matter what happens, you and the kids come first.”
10. They parted ways in 2017 with Peter confirming it.
Psquare Is No More. I Have Nothing Against My Brothers. I Saw Paul’s Post On Instagram About Blood Being Thicker Than Water.’
‘Who Is Water And Who Is Blood,’ Peter Asked, Adding That His Nuclear Family (Wife And Kids) Are Very Important To Him And He Has Decided To Move On With His Personal Brand – Mr. P.
If you know more about Psquare, share with us in the comment section.