Born Chinedu Okoli but popularly known as Flavour N’abania, hit the limelight after the release of his hit track “Nwa Baby” remix. Flavour is known for his great songwriting skills as well as performance skill.
Here are 10 things you probably do not know about him.
1. He was an instrumentalist before becoming a singer, Flavor played the drums, then the piano before taking up singing.
2. He started his music career at the age of 13 by playing the drums for his church choir in Enugu.
3. He bagged a degree in music from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, which he attended on scholarship.
READ ALSO: 10 Things You Should Know About MASTERKRAFT
You know parents are usually wary of the entertainment industry because they feel a lot of immoral things happen there. But the music scholarship that I got really helped me. It taught me a lot about the job and how to be a professional. I had a particular director who told me that people usually think that musicians are wayward, irresponsible and ostentatious. He also told me that if I want to make a difference in my career, I have to be responsible, disciplined, and constantly hone my skill. Talent is never enough as one has to put in a lot of work as well.
4. Flavour asides being a great instrumentalist is also a great dancer and is known for his love of whining his waist.
5. He is seen as some sort of sex symbol.
It feels great and it is a motivation for me to keep working hard on my music and also my body. I visit the gym three times in a week even with my busy schedule. Though it is not easy, it is what I have to do.
6. He draws inspiration from people around him.
I get inspiration from the people around me. Right from time, I always relate with people who are older and more experienced than I am. That way, I get to learn a lot of important things. I like original and creative people who I can tap from. I also draw inspiration from the things that happen around me, or from what I read. I am never in a hurry when writing songs; I love to take my time and get it right. If I don’t feel a connection with the lyrics and beat of a song, I wouldn’t release it. I see a song as a piece of art or like when you are cooking a pot of soup. Every ingredient has to be in the right proportion for it to come out well. And that’s what I do.
7. He got the name Flavour while performing at Bubbles Plaza, Enugu from his adoring fans.
8. He has 3 babies from 2 baby mamas
9. His second album “Uplifted” had several hits and is seen as one of the best albums in 2010
10. He launched the Chinedum Flavour N’abania Music Foundation in 2011.