Media personality Daddy Freeze born Ifedayo Olarinde needs little or no introduction in the Nigerian entertainment world. Freeze who hails from Osun State has over 15-years of experience in the broadcasting business.
Here are 10 things you probably did not know about Daddy Freeze
1. He was born Ifedayo Olarinde and hails from Osun State. Daddy Freeze was born in Cluj-Napoca, Romania to a Nigerian-Yoruba father and a Romanian European mother. The OAP also has three younger sisters named Yetunde, Omolola and Oluremi.
2. Freeze attended the International School Ibadan and also snagged a degree in Sociology from the University of Ibadan.
3. He married Opeyemi Oyerinde in 2000 and the two split in 2014. They have two kids between them. Freeze is now with his new woman Benedicta Elechi, a chef with whom he has a son.
Speaking on marriage, Freeze shed light on what led to the end of his first marriage.
You don’t have to be married to be blessed, you don’t have to be married to be happy, you don’t have to be married to be rich or successful in business, you don’t even have to be married to make heaven.
“I learnt all these when my first marriage failed and after the first 2 weeks of me being alone, I realized how much happier I truly was.
“With my rib, tastebudzng I find it so effortless, she immediately understood my purpose and set out to help me become the best me,”
4. Freeze has been in broadcasting for over 15 years. He snagged his first radio job in 1996 in Romania with Radio Galaxia.
5. He got inspired to become a radio presenter after he accompanied his cousin to a radio station where she hosted a kids’ programme.
6. Freeze returned to Nigeria where he then auditioned for a job at BCOS in Ibadan. He got the job and worked there for for 5-years. After he left BCOS, he joined Cool FM as a broadcaster and production officer in 2001.
7. He has interviewed stars such as Akon, Boyz 2 Men, Sean Paul, Brain McKnight, SWV and Wycleff Jean to mention a few.
8. He was a judge on Star Quest, a talent show back in 2011.
9. He mentioned in an interview that he has a collection of watches worth 32 million naira.
10. Freeze has snagged a number of nominations to include the Favourite Nigerian On-Air Personality award at the Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards in 2014 held in Los Angeles. He won the award.