Nigerian comedian, Bovi needs little or no introduction in the entertainment scene. The funnyman was born Abovi Ugboma on 25 September 1979 in Delta State, Nigeria. He broke into the Nigerian entertainment scene in 2007, by starring in the sitcom, Extend Family, a sitcom he wrote, produced and packaged.
Here are 10 things you probably do not know about Bovi.
1. He was born Abovi Ugboma on 25 September 1979 in Delta State, Nigeria.
2. Bovi attended UNIBEN staff schools in Benin City and had his secondary education at Ughelli Northern in Delta State.
3. The comedian bagged a degree in Theatre Arts at the Delta State University.
4. Boci started his career in 2007 after starring in the sitcom, Extend Family.
5. Bovi started his career in entertainment as a reporter at NTA where he served before leaving for Lagos in 2004. He worked as Richard Mofe Damijo’s Personal Assistant from 2004 till 2006 before he set up his own production team in 2006.
6. By 2008, had participated in a number of shows to include Opa Williams’ “Nite of 100 Laughs”
7. Boi has worked with top comedians to include I Go Dye, I Go Save, Basket Mouth, Buchi, Odogwu, Okey Bakassi and Julius Agwu to mention a few.
8. Artiste 2pac Shakur and Basket Mouth are his influences in the entertainment industry.
9. Boci tied the knot with Kris Asimonye Ugboma in 2009 and the couple are blessed with two beautiful children; David and Elena Ugboma.
10. He has won multiple awards to include the ‘Comedian of the Year award at the Culture People Award and the Best Youth Comedian at the Standup Comedians award.’
Do you know more about Bovi? Share with us in the comment section.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE WITH YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND GET MORE OF THIS EVERYDAY