Nollywood model and actress, Linda Ejiofor needs little or no introduction in the movie world. The actress was born as Linda Ihuoma Ejiofor on 17 July 1986 in Lagos, Nigeria and is the second of five children.
Here are 10 things you probably do not know about actress Linda Ejiofor
1. She was born Linda Ihuoma Ejiofor on 17 July 1986 in Lagos and is the second of five children.
2. She hails from Isuikwuato in Abia State, Nigeria.
3. Linda had her primary education at Ilabor Primary School in Surulere.
4. She gained admission into Federal Government Girls’ College, Onitsha for her secondary education and bagged a degree in sociology at the University of Port Harcourt.
5. She has a diploma in Theatre Arts from the University of Ibadan.
Before I entered the University of Port-Harcourt, River State to study Sociology, I had done a diploma course in Theatre Arts at the University of Ibadan, Oyo State. I think I was at the University of Ibadan for about three months. However, when I was getting into the groove and enjoying it, my father pulled me out. He said, ‘No daughter of mine will go into acting’. You know, if God has a plan for you, His plan will always set the motion. So, here I am as an actress again with his full support and I have made him proud.
5. She acted in the 2012 Nigerian romantic comedy drama film titled “The Meeting” which had top acts such as Rita Dominic and Mildred. The movie earned her ad for Best Actress in a supporting role at the 9th Africa Movie Academy Awards for her role in the film.
Actually, I heard from the producer and director, Mildred Okwo and Rita Dominic. They had not seen me act. Rita had never seen me act and Mildred told me that I wasn’t supposed to be Ejira in The Meeting. But she said she was watching Tinsel one day and she saw me and said, ‘This is the girl I want; she is cheeky and innocent-looking; but at the same time, she is very naughty and mischievous’. She called me for a reading and I ran there because I felt they might change their mind. I didn’t want to miss the opportunity, so I ran to her. After our meeting, I did a reading.
6. She tied the knot with her man Ibrahim Suleman in 2018.
7. She and her husband were good friends before they became co-actors and then got married
8. She has snagged a couple of movie award nominations to include; Best Rising Star Female award at the 2013 Nollywood Movies Awards and also for TV Actress of the Year award at the 2014 ELOY Awards.
9. She has worked with top acts to include Rita Dominic, OC Ukeje, Tope Tedela, Beverly Naya and Bimbo Akintola to mention a few.
10. She is very good friend with actress Adesua Etomi
Thanks for reading.