This actor hit the limelight after winning the 4th edition of the Amstel Malta Box reality show Born Adewole Ojo but popularly known as Wole Ojo, the actor was born on 6 June 1984 in Nigeria.
His debut stage performance,was at the age of 11 in a commemoration of a children’s day celebration at the Nigerian Institute of International Affairs sponsored by UNICEF.
Here are 10 things you probably didn’t know about Wole Ojo.
Here are 10 things you probably didn’t know about the winner of the Amstel Malta Box reality show, Wole Ojo:
1. The talented actor was born on 6 June 1984 in Nigeria. He grew up in Victoria Island.
I am from a humble background. I grew up in the Bar Beach Police Barracks, Victoria Island, Lagos, because my dad was a police officer. I am the first of three kids and I have some step siblings. I had an interesting childhood because I grew up in a multi-cultural environment. I didn’t lack anything as a kid because my parents worked hard to ensure my siblings and I had all we needed. My parents were loving, yet strict; so, I used to sneak out sometimes to do things I wanted to do as a kid. I’m thankful for how I was raised because it helped mould me into the man I am today.
2. He attended both Primary and secondary school in Lagos and bagged a Bachelor Degree in Creative Arts from the University of Lagos.
Titilayo Nursery School, Race Course, Lagos Island, and Police Children’s School, Obalende, Ikoyi, Lagos, for my elementary education. I moved to Command Primary School, Bonny Camp, Victoria Island, Lagos, where I finished my elementary education. For my secondary education, I attended St. Gregory’s College, Obalende, Ikoyi. I graduated from the University of Lagos, Akoka, where I bagged a degree in Creative Arts with a major in Theatre.
3. Wole Ojo started his professional acting career at the age of 9
I grew up watching television a lot. It was only natural that I got into the industry. I used to finish my homework early so that my mum could let me watch television because I was fond of show business. I also participated in church dramas. At age nine, I was very fond of the kiddies show called Kiddiesvison101. My mum urged me to try my luck to be on the show on NTA and that’s how it began for me. I acted on the show for six years and moved on to family sitcom, One Big Family, which was directed by Sadiq Daba.
4. He acted in“Kidivision 101” and hit family sitcom “One Big Family”
5. He made his debut as a stage performer, in a commemoration of a children’s day celebration at the Nigerian Institute of International Affairs sponsored by UNICEF at the age of 11.
6. He has worked with top acts to include Tunde Kelani, Wale Adenuga, Michael Udoh, Sadiq Dada, Charles Novia, Joke Silva, Femi Oke, Lekan Balogun and Kingsley Omoefe to mention a few.
7. Wole has also directed a few plays to include; Wale Ogunyemi’s Langbodo, Bode Osanyin’s Beer Parlour Philosophy, Moliere’s A Doctor in Spite of Himself and excerpts from William Shakespeare’s Macbeth.
8. He hit the limelight in 2009, after winning the Amstel Malta Box Office reality show.
9. He bagged an award for Best Student Actor at the 2010 Peak Awards and is the brand ambassador of Amstel Malta.
10. He is one of actors on the M-Net hit series, Tinsel.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE WITH YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND GET MORE OF THIS EVERYDAY