Model, TV host and actor, Emmanuel Ifeanyi Ikubese since his emergence on the scene has continued to prove he is more than a pretty face. Born in 1991 in Delta State, Nigeria, he stepped into the limelight after he won the USIU Pop Idol Competition and later on won the Mr Nigeria 2014 Competition.
Emmanuel who has since gone on to appear in many movies in an interview stated that he would choose acting over modelling anyday.
In his words;
Models can be likened to footballers and at some point, they become too old to compete with younger boys. I started modelling when I was about 17 years old because I have the stature and I could do catwalks very well.
I am not saying that there are no older models but if you look at it closely, especially in the international scene, you would not see a 32- year- old man modelling.
If you have a talent, you can use modelling as a platform to launch your talent in either acting, music or any other sector. If you can put it into use, you can do a lot more because as a model, things you can do are limited.
Acting in a film is different from walking on the runway. As an actor, I can touch lives and that makes me happy as a person. It is one of the things I love to do.
As a model, you are not doing that and it is not fulfilling because you would just look good to sell someone’s product. Before I ventured into acting, I used to sing and I was also a disc jockey.
The way I got into acting was even divine because I went for auditions and before long, I was called to play several roles. If I were to choose which I love to do the most, I would definitely go for acting.
Here are 10 things you probably do not know about Emmanuel Ikubese.
- He was born on 1991 in Delta State, Nigeria.
2. He bagged a Bachelor Degree in International Relations from the United States International University in Nairobi, Kenya.
3. He started his entertainment career as a model before delving into the movie world.
4. He hit the limelight after he won the USIU Pop Idol Competition. He then went on to win Mr. Nigeria 2014 Competition and was also the first runner up at Mr. World 2014.
5. He acted the role of Femi in the award-winning MTV series, Shuga, which may be his biggest role yet.
6. He once stated in an interview that he wants to use success to start his own foundation for orphans and abandoned kids.
7. He speaks fluent Swahili.
8. He state din an interview that he will choose acting over modelling if he had to.
9. His favourite meal is “starch and owo soup”.
10. He has acted alongside top acts in the movie world.