The actress has come a long way since joining the movie world. Asides being an author, Chika is also a United Nations Ambassador and the founder of Fancy Nancy Collections.
Here are 10 things you may not know about the actress.
1. Chika was born on 8 November 1985 in Lagos, Nigeria. She also never had a good relationship with her father growing up.
“I didn’t have a good relationship with my father growing up because he wanted a male child. Those made me understand as a child that you have to fight for yourself because it is about you alone at the end of the day.
2. She is a United Nations peace Ambassador.
3. She released her book ‘Boss up’ in 2018. Speaking about the book, she stated that;
“I want to correct the notion that the book is all about negativity. Eighty per cent is about how to help, how to give, how to improve oneself and how to have different perspectives on life. When we tell our stories, we make everything look perfect. But I told the negative part and the exciting part of my life as well. We all go through a similar story in life and we all have issues we deal with. But we don’t like to talk about those issues.”
4. She joined the movie world in 2005 when she starred in the movie “Sweetlove”
READ ALSO: 5 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Also Authors
5. She bagged a Bachelor Degree in Human Kinetics and Health Education from the University of Lagos.
6. She also studied at Harvard Business School where she graduated from in 2018.
People think I like money, the fear of failing makes me work hard. I always push myself to succeed and be the person everyone doubted me to be. When I was little, people would ask me what gave me the impression I could become successful in life. I once struggled to pay my rent and I have been turned down by people many times. I didn’t get here because I am beautiful or an actress; I kept pushing myself. I do things that you will never think I can do; nobody thought I would be given an admission at the prestigious Harvard Business School.”
7. She snagged nominations for Best Upcoming Actress at the Africa Movie Academy Award in 2006 and also for the Best Supporting Actress in 2008.
8. She is also the founder of “Help A Child Foundation”
9. She snagged a couple of awards to include 2009 Best Role Model In Africa Award and the Best Supporting Actress in a Supporting Role.
10. She has also acted alongside top acts like Mercy Johnson, Ini Edo, Majid Michel, Rukky Sandra and Desmond Elliot to mention a few.