Born Keshinro Ololade, rapper Lil Kesh since his emergence on the scene has continued to entertain his fans and churn out new music.
Born on 4th March 1995, Lil Kesh was signed to Olamide’s YBNL Nation, a move which helped propel him into the Nigerian music market.
On how his father, who is a pastor, took the news of him becoming an artiste, Lil Kesh in an interview said;
READ ALSO: 10 Things You Should Know About DJ Spinall
My dad was cool with it. He lets you do whatever you want to do. He feels that whatever his life story is doesn’t have to affect the way his children live their lives. According to what he used to tell me, everybody must live his or her individual stories. He watched me grow from being part of the choir, learning to play drums, and attending music shows. Till now, he gives me all the necessary support and respects my decisions.
Here are 10 things you probably do not know about Lil Kesh.
1. He was born Keshinro Ololade on 4th March 1995 in Bariga, Nigeria.
2. He started his music career in 2012. In 2014, he recorded his first single titled “Lyrically” which became a hit in no time
3. He gained admission into University Of Lagos to study Linguistics but dropped out.
”It was hard getting into a school. it’s hard to get into the university. I wrote JAMB 3 times, the last time I got into Unilag but the course I wanted was not what I got. I wanted computer science from the onset but eventually I don’t know how I ended in Linguistics. As long as you enter Unilag, that’s what matters.”
”I had to move I didn’t finish, i had to go to a more private school, now i do like a more online thing, cos its hard being in school,” the singer said.
4. He was into rap battles and open mic competitions before he signed with Olamide
5. Olamide signed him to YBNL on the 2nd of April 2014.
6. He released his smash hit “Shoki” which got him nominated for a couple of awards to include Best Street-Hop Artiste category at The Headies in 2014.
7. He has worked with top acts such as Olamide, Patoranking Gold, YCEE, Wale, Viktoh and Phyno, Davido and Davido.
8. He left YBNL and launched his own label YAGI Records in 2016
9. Lil Kesh has won several awards and garnered nominations as well. iN 2015, He won Best New Artiste award at Tooxclusive Music Awards.
10 In 2015, he signed a huge deal with SURE Bet reportedly worth 11 million naira.