Are you interested or dating a shy guy and having a hard time understanding him and coping with his shyness? You need to remember shyness is a defence mechanism and it’s not an unnatural thing or a flaw.
Here are a few tips which will help you deal with a cute but shy guy.
READ ALSO: Quick Fix For Your Shyness
- Start with casual hangoutsShy guys tend to be generally apprehensive in crowd and meeting in large numbers. The best way to counteract this is by casually hanging out with them as friends.
- Take the leadIn the initial stages of the relationship you’ll have to give them the confidence boost, remember they’re already shy and might feel nervous in doing certain things. As they become free with and towards you, they can progress to stepping out first.
- Don’t pressurize himRushing or pressuring him into being open about everything will only make him edgier than he already is and then he will find you intimidating and probably flee. I know it can be frustrating at times to deal with but shy guys are totally worth it.
- Be the conversationalistDon’t be afraid to initiate conversation and probably carry them on. You can talk about yourself, your friends etc. Once he gets to know you, he’ll automatically be more open about himself too and you can start by asking him your own questions.
- Actions speak louder than wordsThis is true especially in the case of introverts as shy guys might not tell you straight away how they feel about you. Take note of his behavior and pay attention to his body language as it is what will likely speak for him.
- Respect his privacyYou might be tempted to share a few harmless things he tells you with your best friend but it isn’t a good idea because they’ll feel their trust has been violated and their guard will be back up.
- Be careful with whom you introduce him toThis step is crucial, be careful with who you expose him to seeing as anything might spook him. Tell your folks and your friends beforehand that your guy is shy and not to be too hard on him.
- Take help from technologyMost shy people are more expressive behind their screen and in this era of texting, it shouldn’t be hard to get to know him through written conversations especially at the beginning. They might be less talkative in person but knowing them via chatting is easier.
- Don’t take his shyness personallyUnderstand that being shy and reserved is a part of who he is and has nothing to do with what or how he feels towards you. Shy people take time to warm up to people and feel comfortable enough with someone to be themselves around them.
- Remember thingsThis becomes easy if you’re paying close attention to everything he tells you. Remember the details, if not everything at least try to remember most of it. They’ll be happy that they are being heard and it will strengthen the bond between you two.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE WITH YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND GET MORE OF THIS EVERYDAY