Nollywood veteran actress Stella Damasus turned 41 recently so here are 10 things you probably do not know about the veteran actress.
The actress made news a few weeks ago when she gave her review of Genevieve Nnaji’s movie Lion-heart saying;
‘Just finished watching #lionheartthemovie my goodness this blew my mind. From the story, to the casting, to the cinematography, costumes and everything in it, this movie is so good. I don’t usually do this but please guys go and watch this movie.Let me thank Genevieve for casting our Nollywood actors who have not been given a lot of opportunities in recent times. Best of all she moved me to tears by dedicating the movie to AMAKA IGWE. I loved every minute of it and I know you all will.
1. Stella was born on April 24, 1978, in Benin City, Edo State in Nigeria.
2. Stella tied the knot with first husband, Jaiye Aboderin, in 1999. They had two daughters before Jaiye passed away in 2004. Speaking on his death, Stella in an nterview stated;
READ ALSO: 8 Things You Did Not Know About JOKE SILVA
Recover? Do you really recover? They say time heals. But I have a different definition: time numbs. It is not something that heals, and then it’s gone. No! This is someone you planned to spend the rest of your life with and grow with. We made plans, like every other couple. He died when I was 26 years old-with two children. I just felt that my life had ended.
So, this year, December 3rd, will be 10 years since he died. So, it is not healing; I won’t call it healing, but I will say it numbs. Once in a while, it comes up and the pain is as fresh like yesterday. However, it is how you deal with it that matters. And that’s what I have had to do for the past 10 years. But I am very grateful for the family I have and for the people I have around me. For that, you need a lot of strength. God helped me through it all.
3. Stella in 2007, re-married. She tied the knot with Emeka Nzeribe but the couple ended things in 2011.
4. Stella is now married to award-winning Nollywood producer and director Daniel Ademinokan.
5. The actress started her career as a singer in Lagos, working as a studio session singer at Klink Studios.
6. Stella studied Theatre Arts at the University of Lagos.
7. She made her acting debut in 1992 featuring in the movie “Abused.”
8. Stella hit the limelight with her role in “Breaking Point”. The movie was produced by ace producer Emem Isong.
9. She is against child marriage and has used her platform to preach and work towards seeing it is abolished in Nigeria
10. Her family formerly bared Ojukwu but was changed to Damasus during the Nigeria/Biafra civil war. This was due to the family being mistaken for the relatives of the late Biafran warlord, Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE WITH YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND GET MORE OF THIS EVERYDAY