Nollywood actress Ini Edo is arguably one of the most talented female actresses in the Nigerian movie world. Since joining Nollywood, the actress has grown in leaps and bounds, starting off with just acting before progressing into directing and producing top Nollywood movies.
The actress in an instagram post a while back, shed light on her journey in the moie industry writing;
READ ALSO: 10 Things You Should Know About DJ Spinall
“Sober reflection of how far God has brought me…I was just a young girl who loved to act, never envisaged my passion would bring me this far..
the journey,the trials, failures,mistakes, tribulations gave me the consistency and the staying power… (still becoming)….
Allow yourself grow through the process,instant success is not sustainable..
Follow your passion and not ‘THE TREND” in choosing a career…
Be patient and be teachable, keep your head down and allow your work speak for you because ” Pride goeth before a fall”..
Above all,I Pray for the understanding and wisdom to manage that which is given to us as the ultimate gift…
#thecat#themovieMuna obekwe of blessed memories was always a delight working with him and of course my big bro @Jim.iyke who always enjoyed bullying me till date… well now am a grown woman so… Have a blessed Sunday yall ”
Speaking on producing her own movies, Ini during an interview said;
“When I did I Will Take My Chances, we did not have a lot of cinematographers in Nigeria, so we brought in cinematographers from Hollywood and that was because we wanted to do something different and meet up with international standards. But today, we have so many cinematographers in Nigeria.
“ It cost us so much but it was the beginning of something and now everybody is on it. You just don’t sit down and expect things to be done magically; be part of the change you want to see and you’ll get there somehow. See what’s going on today in the industry. I am proud and grateful to God that I was able to play a role.
“When we did Knocking On Heaven’s Door, what a lot of people don’t know was that the story just fell on my laps. The owners of that project wanted me to produce it and I brought Emem Isong in and they wanted me to play the lead character and we were going to do the entire song miming thing. For sure I can’t sing so I insisted on using a new actor; they actually wanted me and another guy with a known face but I insisted on bringing in a totally new person on board and that’s what gave rise to Adesua Etomi and Blossom Chukwujekwu.
“That was their first jobs but today see who they are. I just feel very privileged to make such impact even though it may not be so celebrated but it just feels good to know that I’ve been able to do this. The latest one with Uche Jombo, Heaven On My Mind is mind-blowing.”
Here are 10 things you should know about Ini Edo.
1) Ini was born on the 19th of April, 1982.
2) She was born Iniobong Edo Ekim
3) She joined the Nigerian movie industry back in 2000
4) Ini is an Ibibio from Akwa Ibom State in the south-east.
5) She has a Diploma in Theatre Arts from the University Of Uyo.
6) Ini also bagged a degree in English from the University of Calabar
7) In 2011, she was appointed a Youth Envoy for the United Nations Habitat Youth Envoy
8) She has acted alongside top acts such as Genevieve Nnaji, Ramsey Nouah, amongst other and has starred in over 200 movies since joining Nollywood movie in 2000
9) She tied the knot with Philip Ehiagwina in November 2008. The couple ended their marriage 5 years later.
10) She snagged the award for the 2013 Nafca award for best-supporting actress (Weekend Getaway) and has also won several other awards.