Nigerian singer and songwriter, Kcee, is one who needs little or no introduction.
The singer who was born Kingsley Chinweike Okonkwo since his emergence on the scene many years ago has continued to entertain his fans across the globe.
READ ALSO: 8 Things You Should Know About Davido
Here are 10 things to know about Kcee
- Kcee was born on 18 April 1979 in Ajegunle, Nigeria. Speaking on his time there, Kcee revealed he was evicted from his home there in just his boxers. In his word;
I left Ajegunle because we were unable to pay our house rent and the landlord threw us and our property out of the house. I was wearing only my boxers when the landlord threw us out of the house because we could not pay N70,000 for a three-bedroomed flat. My father started squatting with some people while my mother went to her sister’s house. My brother and I had to hustle. By then, we had won Star Quest so we had a rickety car, so we slept in the car. At the time they stole our car, things were tough because all our property was in the car. We were living from hotel to hotel and all we had was in the car. Sometimes we owed the hotels a lot of money which we paid after we had a show. To get shows then was even very hectic for Presh and I but we still believed that God would help us. By then, E-Money had to move on to learn how to be a freight agent. He later found his feet. Leaving Ajegunle was divine because I believe God sent the man to kick us out. After we left Ajegunle, we stayed in a room apartment in Ojodu before we got a place in Omole. After a while, E-Money started doing well and we bought a duplex in Omole, then he bought a piece of land and continued buying and the rest is history. The same thing with me; we grew up gradually and there was no time we were greedy to go into crime or defraud anyone,”
2. He once sold airtime in traffic to survive
3. Kcee went to Tolu Primary School. He also holds a Degree in Theater Arts from the University of Nsukka.
4. He had the dream of becoming a professional footballer. He played for Julius Berger and Puma football clubs locally before embracing music.
7. The singer and longtime partner and friend Presh first met in church. They contested in the Star Quest TV reality show which they won.
8. He bagged a multi-million naira deal with telecommunications company, MTN in 2013.
9. Kcee has snagged many awards to include Song of the Year award at the 2013 Headies Awards and the Hip Hop World Revelation of the Year at the 2014 Headies Awards.
.10. He was a peace ambassador for African First Ladies peace Mission.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE WITH YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND GET MORE OF THIS EVERYDAY