Singer Runtown born Douglas Jack Agu since arriving on the music scene has churned out many hits to the delight of his fans.
The singer and songwriter have remained one of the top acts many cannot get enough of.
Here are 10 things you should know about Runtown.
1. His real name is Douglas Jack Agu. He was born on the 19th of August 1989 in Enugu State, Nigeria.
2. Runtown had his primary education in Lagos and his secondary education in Enugu State.
3. He wanted to become a professional basketball player but music won him over.
I used to play basketball professionally and I also did music. So sometimes after playing basketball, we’ll go to the studio to hang out. Music stole my heart and I stopped playing basketball, I thought I would go to America and play for a college but after music stole my heart, till today I haven’t touched any ball but maybe when I build my mansion.
4. His first single titled “Runtown” was released in 2007. The song was produced by Soge.
5. He and rapper Phyno formed the record label called “Penthauz Records” in 2008. He released his first two singles tilted “Party Like its 1980” and “Activity Pikin”.
6. Runtown has worked with prominent acts like Wizkid, Davido, Timaya, Phyno, T-Spize, M.I, Skales, J. Martins and WizzyPro to mention a few.
7. He signed a deal with Eric-Manny Entertainment owned by Prince Okwudili Umenyiora, the CEO of Dilly Motors where he released two popular tracks “Successful” and “Domot”. He has since left the label.
8. He has worked with internal act Major Lazer and hopes to work with Rihanna as well.
Rihanna, I would like to work with her, Coldplay, Ed Sheeran. I’ve worked with Major Lazer and I want to work with more DJs like David Guetta.
9. His song “Gallardo” featuring Davido which won the Best Collaboration of the Year award at the 2014 Nigeria Entertainment Awards.
10. He learned to make music by himself.
I just got a computer, I would go to one corner of the house, and I learnt production. My mum would be like go read your books. I would come back from school and my CPU would be gone. My mum would say, “I kept it away,” because she wanted me to read my books. I taught myself everything I know because I didn’t want my sound to depend on anyone. I want to be the type of musician who can just lock myself up in a room and make a hit.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE WITH YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND GET MORE OF THIS EVERYDAY