You know how some women always look put-together every single time? Well, I am here to share their secret with you and lest you in on how they do it. Here are 10 ways in which you can be effortlessly stylish, too.
READ ALSO: 5 Fashion Items Women Love on a Man
- PLAN IT: It is true that you can’t plan for everything, but you should not let your mornings catch you off-guard. Just like you would plan your week because you’re trying to save time, give your outfit planning a shot to make way for stress-free mornings and outfit-regret-free days.
- WHEN IN DOUBT, DRESS TO KILL: If you’re ever confused on what to wear even when you have considered your destination and who you’ll see, it is advised you fall on the side of being more dressy.
- STEP OUT: It might hurt when you try something new but you will never know until you try it. And that might include a bright new colour that stands out from your usual neutral or shifting from skinny jeans to a boot cut. Great style is built from trying new things.
- SEEK INSPIRATION: Search for stylish women and then follow them. Whoever they might be. Discover fashionistas whose style inspires you, then use their photos as inspiration to help plan your outfits (see #1). If you are not sure where to start, Check out Instagram and Pinterest boards to help you.
- BUILD YOU WARDROBE: This does not mean to build an actual wardrobe more like have a closet full of items that can be mixed and matched with ease. This will help to take away guesswork in the morning. Invest in classics like a great pair of jeans, a simple LBD and timeless jewelry.
- SHOE(S): Your shoes don’t have to be sky-high heels to make a statement, flats can make the same statement. Even if your look is casual, adding a printed flat or a wedge with colour can make things appear more intentional.
- ONE POP PIECE: Every once in a while, you need one piece that pops out and it could be anything from an amazing pair of boots, a dress or an excellent handbag. You should have something in your closet for the days you need to really show and pop.
- AGE IS NOTHING BUT NUMBERS: When it comes to trying a new trend that catches your eye, don’t allow that set of numbers prevent you from being great. There is nothing like ‘to old’ where fashion is concerned.
- ACCESSORIZE ALWAYS: You have to try to wear at least one accessory, whether it’s a statement necklace, a loud colour bag or a prominent pair of earrings. A solid statement piece can take an ensemble from NAY to YAY in seconds.
- KNOW YOUR BODY SHAPE: The golden rule of ALL stylish women is Fit First which includes getting to know your body shape. Make sure your closet is filled with clothes that put the spotlight on your shape and favourite features.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE WITH YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND GET MORE OF THIS EVERYDAY