Brad Pitt is one of Hollywood’s most successful men. He has given several applaudable performances throughout his career and is definitely going to go down as a Hollywood legend in history.
Aside from being a highly-sought after actor, here are many other things you probably don’t know about the actor:
1. Born to a school counselor, Jane Eta, and William Alvin Pitt, a truck company manager, his full name is William Bradley Pitt.
2. Prior to his big break in Hollywood, Brad Pitt worked part-time as a limo driver.
3. He was supposed to star in American Psycho but declined on the advice of his management. Apparently, his fans wouldn’t have been too happy about him carrying out gruesome acts in a movie.
4. In the spy flick Mr. & Mrs. Smith (2005), Brad was initially supposed to star alongside Nicole Kidman. However, he pulled out due to a lack of chemistry between him and the actress. He was happy to get back on set when he learned Angelina Jolie had replaced her.
5. Before acting, he studied Journalism at the University of Missouri.
6. After meeting Angelina Jolie on the set of Mr. and Mrs. Smith, he left his then wife Jennifer Aniston and started dating Jolie.
7. Brad Pitt, who split from his wife, Angelina Jolie, in 2016 recently opened up about the experience in an interview with NPR. He said:
“A breakup of a family is certainly an eye-opener that as one — and I’m speaking in general again — but as one needs to understand, I had to understand my own culpability in that, and what can I do better. Because I don’t want to go on like this.”
He also spoke about how men are taught to hide their emotions.
“I don’t know that we’ve been taught to deal with those painful events very well,” he said. “In fact, we’re better at burying them — at least certainly speaking for myself. You know, it’s this Marlboro Man image of: Don’t show weakness. But then we were questioning: In doing that, are we actually denying our own feelings? Denying a part of ourselves — a vulnerability, in this guise of Superman — to really be open for our loved ones, for our sons and daughters, in the sense that we’re all flawed; most of us are doing the best we can. And is there a peace of mind that comes from embracing one’s foibles and humiliations as well as our successes?”
8. Brad Pitt ruptured his Achilles tendon while filming Troy (2004), in which he coincidentally, plays Achilles.
9. He was the first man ever to be awarded the title of “Sexiest Man Alive” twice by People Magazine.
10. Over the years, he has been involved in many charitable causes including visiting over 100 South African children infected with HIV, discussing with Nelson Mandela to curb the devastating AIDS epidemic in South Africa,and donating $ 2m to an Ethiopian clinic.
If you liked these Brad Pitt facts, tell us which other star you’d like to see next. Let us know in the comment section below!