Nollywood actress Lizzy Anjorin needs little or no introduction in the Yoruba movie world.
The actress since hitting the limelight many years ago has continued to prove her worth to her teeming fans.
Here are 10 things you should know about Lizzy Anjorin.
1. She grew up on the streets
Lizzy helped her mom sell foodstuff on the streets and they lived in an uncompleted building for years after they were abandoned by family members. They were so poor while growing up and according to the actress her mom one time could not get her drugs after she was hit by a Danfo bus.
2. She has her daughter at a very young age
The actress gave birth to her daughter at a very young age. The child’s father, however, died a few months after the birth of the child. Lizzy then moved to Jos with her baby daddy’s other and started trading.
3. She once slept in churches
She stated in an interview that after she came back to Lagos, she had to sleep in churches as well as do menial jobs so as to make ends meet. While working for a very rich family, the actress said she was also accused of theft.
4. She gained admission into the Federal Polytechnic Illaro. She struggled to pay her fees many times which caused her to begin to sell handouts as well as getting involved in transporting goods from Igolo (the boundary of Seme and Ogun state) to Sango to sell.
READ ALSO: All You Need To Know About Iyabo Ojo
5. The actress revealed at some point she gained admission to study Law at the Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba but lost the admission because she didn’t get the admission letter on time.
6. The actress stopped her transportation business and started trading in cosmetics.
7. She converted to Islam from Christianity. On why she converted, Lizzy said;
“When my mom died, more than ten churches rejected her corpse for burial.”
My story into Islam …is my story, my opinion, my life. There are somethings you don’t bring your empty brain on social media to discusss..
1. Respect people’s opinion…that is what I always say
2. We have parents and we care for them than each other
3. You can’t choose religion over your parents except you are being brain washed
4. Going to church or being 5time prayer will never guaranty your success or Aljanat
5. If you have not seen your mother or take care of your mother for a long time (Years), if you like die in the Mosque or Church, you will not make heaven
6. If they like, let one bastard called your mother a witch or anything most especially let them tell you how your mother is the one delaying your success.
7. She has acted alongside top Nollywood acts such as Funke Akindele, Kehinde Bankole, Odunlade Adekola, amongst others.
8. She has won several awards to include the City People Entertainment Award for Yoruba Movie Personality of the Year 2014.
9. She is also a movie producer and has produced several movies of her own.
10. She has several properties and thriving clothing business.