In addition to playing the coveted role of Captain America, Chris Evan is also one of the most good-looking and charismatic celebrities in Hollywood. But there’s so much more to know about this guy. Like…
1. Chris Evans is a big lover of dogs. While filming the film Gifted, he found and adopted a dog named Dodger.
2. Mental health is a priority for Evans. He spend his time reading self-help books as well as books that focus on mindfulness. He is always aiming to be in a peaceful and content state of mind.
3. When director Joon-ho Bong was making the film Snowpiercer, he was reluctant to cast Evans because he felt he was “too good-looking”.
4. While he was playing Johnny Storm (aka the Human Torch) in Fantastic Four, Evans was allowed to improvise some of his lines.
5. Evan was nervous about playing Captain America at first because he had just played the Human Torch in the Fantastic Four films. However, he ended up impressing everyone with his performance as Captain America.
6. Interestingly, Evans shares a birthday with two of his co-stars from the Marvel Cinematic Universe: Aaron Taylor-Johnson (Quicksilver) and Stellan Skarsgård (Dr. Selvig).
7. The actor admits to suffering from social anxiety but he says he has managed to face his fears and do the things he loves to do regardles.
“It’s a little nerve-racking,” Evans explained. “You’re in the SUV with your family, your people. And then you have to pull over in some weird parking lot and do the swap. There’s security and all these people. All of a sudden you’re out of your comfort zone. It’s strange. The little things that can tip you over.”
“I get anxiety about certain things, with press and things like that and all those things are tied into Marvel responsibilities,” explained Evans. “And it kind of started to shift on me. It started to feel like maybe the thing that you’re most scared of is exactly what you should do. Maybe this is what you should push yourself into.”
“The times that I felt my best are the moments I’ve been able to pull the plug and say ‘Chris, shhh,’” Evans reflected. “And it’s not quitting. It’s not giving up. It’s not washing your hands of the thought. It’s rising above it. It’s operating on a separate plane. You can’t dissect why that works because the reason it works doesn’t speak the same language that the brain speaks.”
8. Chris Evans and Scarlett Johansson did not only appear in the Marvel films together but they also attended the Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute together.
9. His first feature film was the family drama The Newcomers.
10. Evans has been drawn to the Buddhist religion throughout his life. He once spent three weeks at a retreat and continues to study the philosophies of the Far East.
That is all we know about him. Do you have more information? Do not hesitate to put it in the comment box below. Thanks