If your inner child comes out to play once in a while and money is not your problem, then this post is for you. If you are serious about this Adulting business or money get as e be for your hand, you can also read this post for your future self.
Are you ready?
- Hot Air Balloon Rally in Pittsfield, New Hampshire: This Rally happens at the beginning of August for 3 days and you can see the launch of hot air balloons twice a day: at 5.30 AM and 5.30 PM. If you are a fan of magical things, the morning launch is especially for you. Watching balloons raise in the sky along with sun is one of a kind experience.
- Canberra Balloon Spectacular: The Canberra Balloon Spectacular is one of the most popular hot air ballooning events in the world. Canberra is the capital city of Australia and the home of the government and they are quite innovative with their arts, food and culture scene. For some reason, the city is ideal for hot air balloons and the festival has become so popular that it now runs for nine days in March each year. The balloons launch from the lawns of Old Parliament House at 6.15am each day during the festival.
- Balloons Over Waikato: The city of Hamilton is the stage for Balloons Over Waikato and it is held each March where visitors gather from around the country and the world to attend the 5-day event. Each morning hot air balloons are released over the city and start their journey on the banks of the Hamilton Lake. Whimsical cartoon characters also float alongside traditional teardrop balloons with their wicker baskets. The pinnacle of the event is the Zuru Nightglow which is family-friendly and also free. It kicks off with a concert featuring local and international artists.
- Les Montgolfiades de Rocamadour: Every year, during the last weekend of September, Rocamadour plays host to the annual Les Montgolfiades Hot Air Balloon Festival. Crowds of people flock to this beautiful village which provides the most unique and stunning backdrop to the Festival and marvel at the thirty balloons that soar slowly to the skies one by one on Saturday and the Sunday.
- International Hot-Air Balloon Festival in Château-d’Oex: This balloon festival is held in the village of Chateau d’Oex near Montreux and is one of the popular festivals of Switzerland. It is held in the month of January with a spectacular show of balloons in all colours, shapes, and sizes. You can stay until dusk when the ‘Night Glow’ happens, the balloons lit with golden light adorn the starry sky is a mesmerizing show to behold.
- Hot Air Balloon Festival in South Africa: In South Africa, hot air balloons were originally used by the military for reconnaissance purposes. Nowadays, it is an activity for everyone and any occasion, especially the ones where there is champagne involved. Hot air ballooning in South Africa has even been celebrated as a festival in the year 2015 as the Hot Air Balloon Festival in Bethlehem. Rumour has it that this event might be repeated in the future.